Private Investigation Training
Start your private investigator career
- The Course
- Career Description
- About Allied
- Student Log-In
Become a Private Investigator
Fact checking, surveillance, interviews and screenings - all in a day's work as a private investigator.Choose to start a new career or apply your existing law enforcement, military or government experience to a new opportunity. Allied’s Private Investigation training provides you with the practical and technical skills to join the exciting investigative field.
Be prepared to investigate lost or stolen property; determine causes of damage or injury; conduct surveillance; secure evidence for use in court; and more. The nationally-accredited online course is a fast-paced way to a rewarding new career. Take the steps to manage your own business – be your own boss and enjoy flexible work hours!
You will receive:
- Practical Handbook for Professional Investigators Textbook
- Lesson 1: Introduction to Professional Private Investigation
- Lesson 2: Theory of Interviewing, Interrogation and Investigation
- Lesson 3: Theory of Criminal and Background Investigation
- Lesson 4: Principles of Surveillance and Court Procedures
- Lesson 5: Establishing and Marketing Your Business
- Quizzes – There will be a quiz at the end of each lesson.
- Final Exam – The course includes a two-part online final exam with multiple-choice questions and case studies. The exam is open book and does not require a proctor. Call for details!
- Live Student Support – There are 350+ staff members dedicated to the success of all of our students in every Allied course. You can reach a helpful representative by phone during regular business hours, or by email and fax.
- Convenient Online Course – Internet access is required to complete the course. You will receive the textbook via mail.
- Certificate of Completion – Receive a certificate immediately via email upon completion of the course.
› Click here for state private investigator licensing requirements
Build a new opportunity or apply your existing experience to the exciting investigative field.
Private Investigator Career Description
Do you like to find and analyze information?
Do you want a career collecting clues and uncovering facts?
Do you want a rewarding and challenging opportunity?
As a private investigator, you will be hired by a person or business to conduct an investigation. The private investigations are usually related to legal, financial or personal matters and involve collecting evidence. A typical day might include conducting computer searches, making telephone calls and working out in the field. You will routinely conduct interviews and do surveillance to gather information.
In your career, you may choose to specialize in a specific area or provide a variety of investigative services, such as:
- Executive, corporate or celebrity protection
- Pre-employment verification
- Infidelity cases
- Individual background profiles
- Identity theft
- Child custody and protection cases
- Missing persons cases
- And more!
Many people bring previous experience to their private investigation career. This can include law enforcement, military or government experience, as well as finance, accounting and insurance work. This provides a perfect opportunity to apply previous work experience to a new career opportunity.
Positive Career Outlook
Employment of private investigators is expected to grow faster than average through 2016. Greater security concerns, an increased number of lawsuits and the need to protect confidential information and property will lead to increased demand for qualified private investigators (Bureau of Labor Statistics).
There will be opportunities for you to become a self-employed private investigator or join a private detective agency, department store, legal service firm, insurance company, financial institution, employment services company, and more in the following capacities:
- Private investigator
- Process server
- Store detective
- Fraud examiner
- Bounty hunter
Join a private investigator field that is challenging, rewarding and puts you in charge of your career!
About Allied Schools
Allied Schools makes your investigative career goals reality by providing everything you need in one convenient online course. Enroll today and be prepared to put your searching skills to work in a new and exciting career endeavor. Succeed with the resources available at Allied – from your initial enrollment to course completion.
Allied is nationally accredited by the Distance Education and Training Council (DETC). The Accrediting Commission of the Distance Education and Training Council is listed by the U.S. Department of Education as a nationally-recognized accrediting agency. Allied has helped more than 825,000 students in more than 15 years realize their career goals. Choose a school with a history of success!
Live Student Support
There are more than 350 employees dedicated to the success of all of our students in every Allied course. If you have any questions while taking your Professional Private Investigator Course, you can reach Allied’s support staff via email, phone or fax. Talk to a live person when you call during regular business hours!
Study when and where you want with the convenience of an online course. You can prepare for your new career as a private investigator on your own terms. Learn day or night – it’s up to you. Advance your career from the convenience of home!
Financial Assistance Available
Start your private investigative training with a monthly payment you can afford. You can select from a variety of financial assistance programs and payment options to make your education affordable. Choose the option that best fits your budget!
Benefit from all of the resources you need to transition into your new private investigation career.
Student Log In
Username/password questions? Please contact Student Services at 888-925-4282.